Tuesday, December 22, 2009

52 Sketches...52 Weeks - Sketch #51 Reveal & Sad Goodbye

Hello lovely ladies out there in Blogger-land! I hope you are all having a wonderful Holiday thus far. Are the kids all hyped up on candy canes yet? Mine sure are! I think them just thinking about candy canes gets them hyper. Ok, I won't lie, mommy likes them too!! Today I have my reveal for 52 Sketches...52 Weeks. This will be my very last reveal for this DT. As many of you probably already know Julie Bonner is shutting down the site for this coming year. I wish her nothing but Good Luck and Happiness in her future endevors, for we all know she is mega-talented!
Here is Sketch #51:

And here is my take on the sketch. This LO is all about my DD Kayla. She is (one of) the lights of my life. My first born, my Kayla Belle, my beautiful young lady. In all honesty I have no amount of words that could even begin to describe how amazing she is. Right now she is 9 years old which can be a very awkward age for girls. With this LO I just wanted to tell her how proud of her we are. She is growing into a fabulous person, and mom and dad couldn't ask for more.

Check out that flower!! I am totally in love with making these. My dear friend Kristin has a tutorial here if you are interested!



I know this post is a few days late. That's because I had such a hard time coming to terms with it all! I know, I know...how can you be 'that' attached to a position on a DT. It's not so much the position on the DT as the story behind it, that and it was the first ever DT I applied for!!

About 11 months ago I started having very serious migraines and back pains. Pain that was so bad I couldn't get out of bed on some days. After what seemed like hundreds of tests and Doctors visits I was told I had a blood clot in my brain and Spinal Cysts. There is no idea what could have caused these and why they happened at the same time, but all I know is it hurt and I was worried!! Surgery was not an option because neither of these problems were considered a serious threat, however I now have a pantheon of medications I take on a daily basis. With the help of medications and Physical Therapy, I am now as of last month living almost completely pain free and the blood clot is gone for now! Thank Goodness.....

It was a few months after I started having these problems that I found 52 Sketches...52 Weeks. I needed something to keep me busy and keep my mind off of the pain, so I did a random search for "Sketch Sites" and 52 was the first one I came across and I have been hooked ever since. I guess you could say Julie Bonner's Sketches helped me regain my mojo, not only my scrapbooking mojo, but also my mojo for creating in general! I would like to believe that through my passion for Scrapbooking it helped heal me. I know that may sound corney to some, but I feel it to be true. A few months after I joined the site I saw a thread for a DT search. I chewed around with the idea, but in my head I wasn't good enough. My DH told me to just go for it! It would be something to keep me busy after he deployed....so I went for it. When I got an email saying I had made it, I was over the moon with excitement. Sometimes all you need is someone you look up to letting you know that you are good enough. So thank you Julie Bonner for all you have done for me, even though you didn't know. This is why I am sad to see 52 Sketches...52 Weeks go, but I truly appriciate and will forever hold dear in my heart the time I have spent there.

PeaceOut-ScrapOn-LoveAlways

5 comments:

  1. Love this layout hun, what an amazing story, thanks goodness you are out the other side and back to normal. I didnt realise she was closing it down, such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous lo - that flower rocks :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that flower!!! I'll miss 52 Sketches too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful, Amy, that the clot is gone and you are feeling so much better. I say find another wonderful sketch team to join since you are so good with it and God healed you through 52 :-)! Hope your Christmas was blessed! Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Amy what a heart felt and amazing story...scrapbooking truly does help people heal in all sorts of ways

    ReplyDelete