Monday, December 21, 2009

JuJu Bee's Blog Hop Winner!

It's just another Manic Monday here in the Oxford household. The kids are home for Christmas break and driving their mommy absolutely bonkers, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Today we were talking about what kind of cookies to make for Santa. I suggested reindeer cookies...and wouldn't you know, this is what I heard "Moooom, Santa would never eat his own reindeer. That's just mean!" Ok, so no reindeer cookies!! We have settled on sugar cookies with vanilla icing decorated with pretty sprinkles. Santa LOVES sugar cookies ;) I wonder if I can convince them that Santa would also love a lovely Chai tea as opposed to milk! Probably not.... Ce La vie!

2 days ago my husband calls me from Afghanistan and tells me the wonderful news that we got orders for Germany. As excited as I am about this I have NO idea on earth what to expect, good thing I have 10 months to prepare. I am a country girl (Mo) currently living in a decent sized City (WA) and I thought that was me branching out! Well this country girl is getting ready to become a globe trottin' fool! ha If anyone knows anything about Germany please let me know!!

JuJu Bee's Blog Hop & Crop was a lot of fun. We crafted our little hearts out while in good company. I am still hoping to get to an actual real live crop one of these days. Can you believe that I have never been to one?! Crazy right! Reading all your comments made me love this time of year all that much more. As silly as it sounds I think Winterish drinks are part of what makes this time of year so special. There is nothing as amazing as a cup of Hot cocoa with the people you love most. Winter drinks have heart and soul :)
We do have a winner from my blog. I used Random Generator and came up with #19. So congratulations to:

Alison Day said...
Hi Amy! I became a follower - you're projects are awesome! My own DD's would LOVE a neclace like that! Do you have a tutorial on it?My favourite wintry drink is an Eggnog Latte. Yum! My second favourite drink is a "special" hot chocolate. Bailey's yumminess!!!Thanks for the opportunity to win!
December 18, 2009 11:07 AM

Alison, please send me your address and I will get this postal. alaurelpo@yahoo.com

Thank you ladies for Hoppin' our blogs this weeekend. You truly made this hop fun for me with your awesomeness. Oh, Don't forget to head on over to JuJu Bee's and check out the amazing KITS!! I promise you will not be disappointed!

**And Alison, I am currently working on a tutorial of the necklace! I will be posting it as soon as I finish and find the time over the crazy Holidays!

PeaceOut-ScrapOn-LoveAlways


6 comments:

  1. Where will you be stationed in Germany? My husband is German and we go back every summer to the Black Forest. It is a very pretty area. If you will be in the Stuttgart area (Patch Barracks), you might enjoy attending the LSS that I go to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, germany sounds AMAZING!!!!! I hope you meet lots of great ladies over there who share your love of crafting :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa! How exciting that you get to travel to Germany every Summer, that must be amazing! We will be stationed at Kaiserslautern which by the looks of it is about 2 hours from Stuttgart!! How sad is it that one thing I was worried about was having a LSS :)

    Thank You Carrie! I hope to meet some amazing new friends on our new venture. That's one of the awesome things about my DH being in the service is that I have friends all over the world. Not to mention all the fabulous new friends I have met since Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Especially since, I am assuming, your DH will be there with you?! Bet you're counting the days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - Germany! You are going to love it!!! We were there for 6 years (Ramstein and Bitburg) and we miss it. I grew up a country girl also and had not travelled much at all. I still found myself loving Germany and we talk about our time there all the time still. You will only be about a 4 hour drive to Paris!!! Please feel free to email me with any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, sorry, but I don't really know anything about the Kaiserslautern area (though my husband said they have good food in that area!). I can tell you that Heidelberg is nearby and it is a nice town to visit. Feel free to contact me if you ever have any questions.

    ReplyDelete