Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm a Military Wife - hear me roar!

Hello bloggy friends. I have recently come across a blog dedicated to the every day inner workings of a Military Spouse. Well, they are currently holding a little blog hop at Riding the Roller Coaster to get to know other Military spouses. I thought this was a cool concept as we can never have too many friends that share some of the same experiences. I know that my blog is typically dedicated to my Scrapbooking passion, but I wanted to share another piece of me...The Military Wife.


Hello, My name is Amy. I am a Military wife. This above all other things has the most impact on my life. The military decides where we live, when the family gets to have Big Daddy around, and most importantly builds a stronger bond in our family life. It has been the reason for the love and strength that holds us together. I am 27 years old and have known this life since I married my High school sweetheart at the ripe ole' age of 18. I knew my DH, and have been dating him since I was 15 years old. He has always been the man for me, and I would follow him to the ends of the world and back again, just to hold his hand. We have 3 amazing children; Kayla 10, Kyrsten 5, and Koen 2. They are our 3KO's, and life with them is truly amazing. My husband is currently on deployment #3. This by far has been the hardest deployment we have faced. Words can not describe the reality of this one. We have lost a LOT of good men, and I live for those phone calls. I wait for those phone calls anxiously, just to hear his voice. Just to know that my soldier, our Big Daddy, is safe for one more day. I know a lot of people think it's silly to live your life for a man, but when he is THE man for you, then you live your life together. We do the best we can, and we are happy with that. Where will the Military take us next? That I am not sure of, but one things for certain, it will be an adventure. One that I will treasure.



OK, I know that was supposed to be a short introductory, but I could seriously go on forever... I am so excited to be participating in this MilSpouse blog hop and hope to meet many other ladies that wear the same shoes as I do.


OK, OK, you didn't really think I could post without something Scrappy, did you?! Today I have a new sketch to share. I am really having fun creating these. If you use it please let me know! I would LOVE to see :)




PeaceOut-ScrapOn-LoveAlways

14 comments:

  1. that is just sooooooooooooooooooo touching amy!! wow!! moved me to tears!!! i am very proud of u and your hubby for what he is doing for our country!!! {{{hugs}}} And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that SKETCH!!! I am gonna have to try my hand at that one too!! LOVE that GNOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love, love, love thissketch! and i love how you put a cute little gnome in there.

    and props to you for being a military wife- i know how hard it is. the military has been a part of my life since the day i was born, and i know the difficulties that come with your lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your story! I'm also a military wife and I feel the same things as you. I LOVE the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my blog! i have dabbled in scrapbooking just a little but, wow, i think your blog could easily make me an addict! lol!...well, that is if i had time! right now i'm busy trying to finish the proofreading for my preK curriculum and, well, i guess i should drag out some of my scrapbooking stuff because i need to design a cover page...ugh! maybe i'll peruse your site for some ideas!
    http://neverjustahousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up on the blop hop! I hope you're meeting some of the great mil spouses out there. My husband is currently deployed as well, and this has been the hardest. Isn't it supposed to get easier?! It's so nice to meet you, and I look forward to reading more about you!

    Wife on the Roller Coaster

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amy! I was going to say, you caould post this on the CSD DT blog because Dana and I are both military spouses as well....but then I seen her comment and am here so.....nevermind. LOL
    I always love your sketches! I'll have to try this one out for size! Me loves the gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe, the gnome is my new mascot! He makes me smile everytime! Gnomes are a little quarky, a little odly cute, a little unexpected. That's how I view myself....that and I really want my DH to have a beard! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog! So glad to "meet" new people from the hop! I look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH how fun! I must hop on that blog train! I as well am a military wife. I'd love to have more virtual friends with that big part of my life in common! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have a cute blog. my hero and I have been together since high school

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing... I can't even imagine what that would be like... it sounds like you have an amazing family though!! Really great sketch too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello lovely! I found you through the milspouse hop. I love meeting new military wives!

    My hubs is also in Afghanistan, we have 4 kids. It is so hard on all of us to deal with this deployment. We have also lost ALOT of good men. It makes me SICK to my stomach to think about it. I'm so ready for them ALL to come home.

    Sending hugs you to and your kids!

    I'm a new follower. My military blog is called, Goodnight moon. Come by and find me so we can be blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVED your story, its so refreshing to hear of a couple having been together for so long so adorable!! I found you via milspouse blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Amy, thanks for that beautiful sketch! :D

    Here is a layout I made with it. :)

    http://scrappygolucky.blogspot.com/2010/05/primary-colors-book-of-him-military.html

    ReplyDelete