Sunday, May 16, 2010

MOSD - Build a Book turned Shadow Box

Hello fellow bloggers and awesome people of crafty land. It's my day to post on the MOSD blog and I have created a fun little project to share. I love MOSD perfectly shaped Build a Book pages, there is so much that you can do with them. Like today's project! Can you believe those are chipboard book pages turned shadowbox?!

To create the shadow box I used 2 Perfectly Shaped - mini scallop pages for the front and back. I covered the front with paper using a spray adhesive and cut a 4in square out of the middle. I simply painted the back mini scallop page with black acrylic paint. To get depth in the shadow box I used a Perfectly Shaped - Pudgy Rectangle cut into 1in strips and hot glued them between the front and back. So easy, and it turned out so cute!

Once I had the initial frame of the box built it was time to embellish it. I started out with the idea of using the MOSD Picto Gram Cement Truck stick on and built my box around that. I used some of new favorite young boy papers and embellies, Sassafras Apple Jack. It goes so well with my little printable robot tag that you can snag here, and the polymer clay embellies I made. Tutorial here.


Here is a side view to give you an idea of the depth of the box. What I love most about this shadowbox is how well it represents my son. I now have it hanging in his bedroom and I am sure it's something that I will treasure for a long time!


PeaceOut-ScrapOn-LoveAlways

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is GORGEOUS!!! I love love love love what U did with this!!!!! Off to check out your post! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! very neat idea and really cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Amy! Fantastic embellies and a great idea--thanks for the inspiration!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! may attempt to do one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too cute! Love the fun embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute!! What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my!!!!! this is amazing! you did a fabulous job-thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

    xo
    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are wayyy too cute and crafty!! Love this! :) Your robot is fantastic!

    I have something I wanted to to peek by and see: http://scrappygolucky.blogspot.com/2010/05/brothers-black-white-red.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely project! Inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete