Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Destination - SFTIO Reveal #5 - Discovery

Hello, it's Amy coming at you (of course it's me, this is my blog!!!) Today I have my very last reveal from the August kit - Discovery from Scrapbooking From the Inside Out! This LO just happens to be my absolute favorite one from the August kit. Although it is the simplest one I created, it represents something that I am forever working on and struggle with in daily life - discovering myself through God. This piece of paper just spoke to me as soon as I pulled it out of the kit. It's just so beautiful! I used it to represent letting God be my compass through life. My picture is in the center to always remind me that no matter which way I go, that if I just let myself be true in my relationship with God then I will forever be going in the right direction.

Journaling:
Over the years I have lost sight of who you are and what you mean to me. I have set you aside and lived for me. I am slowly finding myself and building our relationship again. This time I am discovering myself through you. You make me better.

The embellishments on this LO are very scarce, but I wanted to show the pen work I did to make the compass pop a little more. I used a black & white pen and outlined the compass...never a straight line though..this is to represent that I am still shaky in my relationship with God. I can't be certain that those lines will ever be straight though. Just one more thing to work on!

PeaceOut-ScrapOn-LoveAlways

5 comments:

  1. Ooooooh Amy!!!! I LOVE this LO!!! Your journaling is wonderful and so heartfelt and I totally dig the way you wrote it around the compass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwww!!! Seriously Amy...you never ever cease to amaze me!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an original LO! The paper is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete