Monday, June 29, 2009

Playing with Paint

This morning I moseyed on over to a new challenge blog called a la Carte to check out the challenges and I just fell in love with how they were set up. You are able to pick your own challenge from a MENU! You choose 3 out of 6. How cool is that?! Pretty darn cool, I thought! They give you 2 challenges a month on the 1st and the 15th and you have until the end of the month to get them done.

The first challenge for June was called Bonjour and on the menu was:

1. Use something French.
2. Use six embellishments in a row.
3. Use blue, yellow, and white.
4. Use zig zag (doodling, stitching, etc.).
5. Use three patterned papers.
6. Use one photo.

And this is what I came up with:

The Second Challenge for June was called A Man's Heart and on the menu was:

1. Use the word father or dad in your title or journaling.
2. Use plaid, argyle, paisley, or diagonal striped pattern paper.
3. Use white space.
4. Use a metal embellishment.
5. Use distressing.
6. Use mixed alphas. (You know sometimes a man just doesn't match.)

And this is what I did for challenge #2. That blank piece of paper is now a note from daddy to the kids for them to read while he is gone.

And lastly, just a little chipboard album I made for my niece Kiera. It's my first one I have ever made, so I am pretty proud of it :-) Now I just need to get it in the mail! Also I have to get started on ones for the grandparents! They are demanding them!!

I hope you all have a wonderful week :-)
Peace Out - Scrap On- Love Always
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment